For the March BOBBOL knit-along, you’ll get to bring together lace and beads to make an awesome drawstring bag for center-pull yarn balls or cakes. This project also introduces the crochet hook method of bead placement.
Pretty Awesome Yarn Pouch will give your yarn balls a pretty dress-up while protecting the yarn itself. The drawstring loops can also be placed over your arm for on-the-go knitting. Even your fussiest balls will love being tamed by this protective pouch.
I wanted to give you a heads-up now about the materials and supplies you will need so you can be ready to start the project as soon as possible after the pattern goes live.
- 125 yards fingering weight yarn; choose something smooth and that won’t rub off fibers onto the enclosed yarn ball
- Size 4 US (3.5 mm) needles; 16″ circular and a set of double point needles
- 30 seed beads size 6/0 (4 mm diameter)
- Crochet hook that is small enough to fit through the hole in beads
- Tapestry needle for gathering stitches at bottom of bag and for finishing ends
- 2 @ 22″ pieces of 1/4″ ribbon for drawstrings or other cording of your choice
- Large-eyed tapestry needle or other blunt needle for threading ribbon through eyelets
Note: For the pictured sample model, I used Crystal Palace Panda Silk color #3030 (that I had left over from making Terzetto Lace Mitts) and Miyuki beads color #1884 Lavender Blue Gold Luster.
I’ll be posting link to download the pattern in the Free Member Pattern area when I have the pdf file ready. Stay tuned.
p.s. If you are new to KnitHeartStrings, be sure to Register Now for member-only content . The monthly knit-along pattern is free for download by active registered members only.