Knit a bit of fictional history in red, white and blue
This month’s featured pattern for Beyond BOBBOL 2015 is Americana, a 39-star placemat size version of a red, white and blue flag. The lacy feather and fan stripes symbolize the flag waving in the breeze. The 5-pointed stars are created with a nifty combination of knit stitch and simple embroidery.
The pattern instructions include a neat trick to carry the unused stripe color up each side without showing. No extra ends to weave in!
- Size: Approximately 18″ by 11″
- Yarn: Bulky weight
- Knitting needles: Size US 10 (6 mm) suggested
- Notions: Tapestry needle
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Stitch instructions: Written and charted
- Construction: Knitted flat in one piece; no seams to sew; simple embroidery to complete the last 2 points of the stars begun with white knit stitches
Note 1: Embroidery is optional, leaving the white stars in the blue union appearing as simple knit stitches.
Note 2: This Americana pattern is not an actual U.S. flag, nor makes any claims to be. Out of reverence, of course you would want to protect and care for it as you would any of the precious items you knit.
Special offers are available for Premium, Basic and Free Level members. Be sure to be logged in with your membership info to see your best offer. Get the Americana Placemat pattern with your membership discount HERE.