Yes, that is plural — there are 2 prizes for July! I am feeling generous (and thankful), as have so many of our KnitHeartStrings members been in their participation, sharing and support. I couldn’t keep KnitHeartStrings going without you!
Comment to this post to let me know which kit you’d like to win. Then get your prize drawing entries in before the end of this month (info here). If you are drawn as a winner, I’ll give priority to your preferred prize.
Prize #1: Kool Aid Dyeing Socks Kit
Kit includes —
- 2 dyeing skeins of yarn at 100 yards each for a total of 3 oz/200 yards. Yarn is Henry’s Attic Kona Superwash, 100% Merino wool. There’s enough yarn to knit 2 pair of small child-size socks OR 1 pair adult socks.
- 8 packages of unsweetened soft drink mix for dyeing in assorted colors.
- Personally autographed, hard-copy pattern for #T306 Kool-Aid Kidz Socks. Pattern includes complete instructions for dyeing with Kool-Aid. Also instructions for knitting children’s socks in sizes 2 – 8 years. These socks feature the Peasant Heel by Catherine Wingate. This heel style is easy to replace if worn out.
- Clear drawstring project bag.
Prize #2: Teddy Bear Kit
Kit includes —
- Pattern for a Knitted Teddy Bear including technique instructions for
– double knitting a tubular, 2-sided fabric on straight needles for the legs, body and arms
– knitting in the round on double point needles (for beginning and ending the head)
– short row knitting (for shaping the face)
- 50g/170 yd skein of Lane Borgosesia sport weight yarn 83% wool/10% mohair/7% acrylic yarn. Enough to knit a soft and slightly “furry” teddy bear with the yarn doubled or 2 slightly smaller teddy bears with yarn used singly (along with appropriately sized needles as explained in the pattern).
- All-natural 100% wool roving for stuffing your bear(s)
- A baby bear birth certificate that you can fill out for gifting: name of bear, date, your name as knitter (i.e. the doctor who delivered baby, lol), and height/weight
- Clear drawstring project bag
To Participate in the July Prize Giveaway
Remember to comment to this post to let me know which kit you’d like to win. Then get your entries in (info here). If you are drawn as a winner, I’ll give priority to your preferred prize. I hope one of the winners will be YOU – Good luck!